Briar is its most distinguishing feature and obviously I did away with it for this dress. I quite like the result, probably more than the Briar tops I made. It was quite easy to convert the pattern to a dress. There is a very slight flare from the waist and if this line is extended to dress length it creates a slight A line dress. Simples.
Pattern: Megan Nielsen Briar
Alterations: hem lengthened to dress length, pocket enlarged and lowered x2
Fabric: poly cotton knit
I would have liked to make this dress in a knit that had a spandex component to make it more stretchy for the yogic style bending, rolling, kicking, nursing, feeding that comes with mothering. I used a twin needle for all the top stitching and I must confess we are not really friends. I'm more tempted to use a zigzag stitch. But now that a bit of time has passed and I like the look of the pocket below, perhaps I will give the twin needle thing another chance.
The next time I wore this dress after photographing it, it may have been swiped across the front with a white gloss enamel coated paintbrush which may have been discovered by an unsupervised toddler who may have painted his hair with same gloss enamel. Oh well play clothes....