Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Pendrell

Did I miss the Pendrell craze?  I haven't seen too many of these on other sewing blogs but I figure there must have been a craze because the pattern is rad.  Princess seams, cute shoulder ruffles and no zips or buttons - what a winner.  Perfect for using up the pretty cottons cluttering up my stash.
Pattern: Sewaholic Pendrell
Fabric: Stolen from sister's stash, meaning it will probably become hers once she's home.  I love the vintage look, something Nana Button would have picked out.
Alterations: I added extra ease to the front panels and side seams (see below) to cover my post partum pouch and to make nursing easier.
See, covers the bumpy bits... or perhaps photo blur is always flattering.  BTW I actually made this top before Baby Button arrived, so I had something nice to wear that wasn't maternity.  Not much sewing has been done since.  I am, in fact, typing with one hand.
I'm sure you were all as obsessed by The Great British Sewing Bee as I was.  Did you hear Ann say she never made up the same pattern twice!  This will never be the case for me (well unless the pattern ends up sucking), especially this top.  I reckon I could have 10 different versions of this.  Now if only I had a spare minute to do that.


11 comments:

  1. It is such a pretty top Rosi! I've seen a few versions around but you're right- there didn't seem to be a huge hype over it. Don't know why as it's a great pattern.
    Good thinking to sew yourself some things before bubs is born ... I've made a couple things but want to sew a few more (still got 16weeks to go!) but also got some other kids who need new duds too. Only one me and not enough time! ;)

    Hope you get some sewing time in soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do it with three kids and another on the way! I was expecting to have very little time to sew but I am missing it!

      Delete
  2. So pretty!
    I loved the GBSB too. I hope they make another series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are making a second series - yay! Would love to see an Aussie one too.

      Delete
  3. Lovely top! The Pendrell pattern is actually waiting on my sewing desk too... I must say, I admire the fact that you're already back at your sewing table! My son's 7 months and I still can't seem to find the time to do much sewing... I've been working on this dress for the past 2 months!
    You're looking great by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! I only get little bits of sewing done when all the stars align.

      Delete
  4. Oh it's lovely. Good thinking making something for post partum. There was a big influx of the Pendrell ages ago but nice to see a fresh one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it had its time in the sun.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful top! You look absolutely gorgeous! I love that shape and the sleeves they are just too cute. Thought that was funny you saying it will become your sisters again once she's back cause you stole the material from her stash hehe. You'll have to keep this one hidden cause its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell her it's designed for post pregnancy and it might turn her off. I wonder if she's reading my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up, everything is going sound here
    and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's truly excellent, keep up
    writing.

    Feel free to visit my weblog :: the Ten Minute Gardener

    ReplyDelete